We are looking for an industry-recognised expert in a specialised area delivering outstanding work to customers across consumer, industrial and specifically healthcare and act as a key PDD brand ambassador helping to develop the business with the participation in select sales and marketing initiatives.
To be an industry-recognised expert in a specialised area delivering outstanding work to customers across consumer, industrial and specifically healthcare and act as a key PDD brand ambassador helping to develop the business with the participation in select sales and marketing initiatives.
In combination with sector leads, to ensure PDD is up to date with ergonomics and Human Factors literature, relevant standards, guidance documents, and applicable legal and ethical frameworks. In addition, provide technical support and training so that appropriate PDD team members are aware of, and understand the implications as they apply to the promotion, quoting and delivery of PDD Human Factors Engineering (HFE) services.
This role is home-based on the US East Coast, with occasional travel to PDD studios and regular travel on customer projects.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Motivate, mentor and inspire team members
• Develop the skills and capabilities of individual team members and the team as a whole
• Contribute to the ongoing development of the HFE service in line with changing customer and regulatory demands
• Help to align capability development activities with sector planning to deliver new or enhanced consulting services that meet market needs
• Regularly communicate the capabilities available to promote higher awareness with other team members so business development activities and project delivery can be managed more effectively
• Promote user-focused innovation by developing and aligning HFE and research processes within the organisation (team procedures, methodologies, processes etc.) to ensure high-quality and consistent deliverables to clients whilst streamlining team activities to ensure efficiency
Developing the business
• Experience in human factors for the design and development of medical equipment, systems and services and demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable regulatory pathways for human factors in medical device development (including project management of said activities)
• Expert in moderating/facilitating usability evaluations and workshop activities
– developing required documentation to high technical standards
– use-related risk management, including hazard identification, uFMEA and residual risk analysis
– conducting preliminary analyses such as task analysis, heuristic analysis and expert reviews
– designing and evaluating instructional materials, e.g. IFUs, QRGs and training videos
• Ability to prepare bids, proposals and work packages according to client requirements and PDD capabilities, with the intent to win work
• Proven business development capabilities, showing ability to build and maintain relationships with new and existing clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to prepare high-quality technical documentation for presentation internally and to clients
• Ability to self-manage; maintaining flexibility and organisation to meet deadlines on multiple simultaneous projects
• Degree in Human Factors, Psychology, Usability Engineering or a related field (other degrees will be considered with relevant experience)
We are committed to a workplace environment that promotes diversity across all our studios and this applies to the talent we hire, the customers we work with and the people we interact with on our projects.
We offer competitive pay, a range of excellent benefits and opportunities for international travel. Working with us also opens up new networking opportunities and a chance to engage with colleagues at social events.
To apply for this position, please email [email protected] with a cover letter and your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.
PDD Talent Management