Leveraging your creativity, expertise and enthusiasm for design and engineering, you will collaborate with our team to develop technically challenging and innovative products from early ideas to production.
You will be the lead engineer on a medical device programme at Danby Medical, a PDD venture. The role is dedicated to the Danby project. You will be based at PDD’s innovation lab in London with opportunities for remote working.
You will have a mind for engineering science and mechanics, an appreciation of product design, confidence in your CAD skills and a good understanding of manufacture and materials. Working in industry or consultancy, you will already be familiar managing projects, taking responsibility for commercial success alongside the quality of technical design.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Create inventive, appropriate and practical technical concepts and assess feasibility
• Research, source and specify applicable technologies, suppliers, materials and processes
• Develop concepts into reliable and robust solutions; including 3D CAD modelling, math models and FEA/CFD, risk analysis and managing prototypes for testing
• Detail and specify design for manufacture; including engineering drawings, tolerances and specifications
• Create and control documents including presentations, reports and schedules
• Communicate and present work to stakeholders and potential clients
• Operate within the ISO13485 quality system and wider regulatory framework
• Interpret briefs, prepare proposals, plans and requirements specifications
• Manage project time and cost, lead and co-ordinate the team and liaise with subcontractors
We are looking for a talented and dynamic engineer with the technical, communication and management qualities to ensure innovative solutions and client relations.
Minimum requirements include:
• 1st or 2:1 Master’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
• Proficient in 3D CAD modelling (Solidworks or CREO)
• Familiar with materials and processes including moulding, casting, machining and fabrication
• Ability with Engineering Analysis (FEA/CFD) and tolerance calculations
• Experience of managing projects
• Projects with significant quality & regulatory requirements (medical devices)
Ideally you also have experience in the following areas:
• Structural, mechanism and fluid technology
• System level design including electronics and software integration
We are committed to a workplace environment that promotes diversity across all our studios and this applies to the talent we hire, the customers we work with and the people we interact with on our projects.
We offer competitive compensation, a range of excellent benefits and opportunities for international travel. Working with us also opens up new networking opportunities and a chance to engage with colleagues at social events.
To apply for this position, please email [email protected] with a cover letter, your CV and portfolio, if applicable.
We look forward to hearing from you.
PDD Talent Management