You will need to understand our clients’ business challenges to propel their products, experiences, services and brands into the future and deliver new, relevant and engaging propositions to their target audiences.
To understand our clients’ business challenges to propel their products, experiences, services and brands into the future and deliver new, relevant and engaging propositions to their target audiences.
Work closely with other members of the human sciences team to research, analyse, and translate consumer needs into insights that translate into new opportunities and innovative design solutions to drive growth and revenue for our clients.
Apply your knowledge of human factors tools and methodologies to the design and development of a wide range of medical, consumer and industrial products. Strong technical communication skills are essential, with the ability to prepare and present high-quality outputs internally and to external clients.
Successful candidates will also be able to moderate usability sessions and facilitate workshops.
Help build the human sciences capability and secure new and repeat business.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Lead or participate in human factors or research projects. This includes project scoping & planning, client and team management, budget control, full project facilitation, reporting and presenting as appropriate.
• Collaborate with PDD’s new business team to build long-lasting client relationships and frame proposals to win new clients
• Work closely with the Partners and Principals to develop, present and sell a compelling human sciences service offering as a key point of differentiation to our clients
• Experience in applying various human factors principles and methodologies to the design, development and evaluation of products and services, specifically within the medical industry
• Expertise in many of the following areas: ethnographic techniques, contextual research, co-creation workshop design & facilitation techniques, journey mapping, persona development, insight development, usability evaluation
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Track record of presenting complex information in various formats customised to the needs and expectations of particular audiences.
• Ability to self-manage; maintaining flexibility and organisation to meet deadlines on multiple simultaneous projects
• Ability to come up to speed quickly on relevant industry and technical knowledge
• Degree in human factors, psychology, usability engineering, anthropology or a related field (other degrees will be considered with relevant experience)
• Ability to travel internationally on a regular basis
• Commercial experience in consultancy
• Experience in human factors for the design and development of drug delivery devices and demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable regulatory pathways for human factors in medical device development
• Experience in moderating/facilitating usability evaluations and workshop activities
• Experience in designing and evaluating instructional materials, e.g. IFUs, QRGs and training videos
• Experience in use-related risk management, including hazard identification, uFMEA and residual risk analysis
• Experience in conducting preliminary analyses such as task analysis, heuristic analysis and expert reviews
• Experience writing study protocols and reports to high technical standards
• Previous participation in and planning of large, multi-sited/national user/consumer research projects, and application and translation of consumer insights into business strategy or the design direction of products and services
• The ability to build strong client relationships and secure repeat and new business
• Enthusiasm for design innovation and working closely with designers and engineers
We are committed to a workplace environment that promotes diversity across all our studios, and this applies to the talent we hire, the customers we work with and the people we interact with on our projects.
We offer competitive pay, a range of excellent benefits and opportunities for international travel. Working with us also opens up new networking opportunities and a chance to engage with colleagues at social events.
To apply for this position, please email [email protected] with a cover letter and your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.
PDD Talent Management